Friday, June 7, 2013

Enchanted Golden

'Enchanted Golden'
5 x 7 watercolor on paper

Magic.
Sandra’s seen a leprechaun,
Eddie touched a troll,
Laurie danced with witches once,
Charlie found some goblins gold.
Donald heard a mermaid sing,
Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known
I've had to make myself.
― Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends

Fess Up Friday: For a very long time, probably since I was a little thing, I've wanted to create gorgeous fantasy worlds with my art (and words, truth be told), rich with details and never before seen magic. 
I just reminded myself of this the other day while browsing through Barnes and Noble at all the fantasy art books. So here is a baby step of mine towards that goal. A magic Golden doggie. :) The painting I did a few weeks ago of a little girl with fairy wings was another step towards that. 

In other news school is officially out!! Boo yah!! And Huzzah!! 

I'm looking forward to lazy summer days spent with my boys and nieces and nephew. I want to slow down this summer, paint more pieces that tap into this inner child that is clamoring to be set free, read fairy tales on a blanket in the shade, and just enjoy these days when my boys are all around me. It's going to be a good summer. 

 Field day at school with my middle boy and his good friend. :)

 Field day with my oldest (how did he grow up SO much?? He's 11 but looks 16 here!)

My sweet littlest Cook. We took a day and just played, savoring these last free days just the two of us before he starts kindergarten in the fall. *sniff sniff* 

What do you guys have planned? 


6 comments:

  1. Love the golden color of the dog and very calligraphic dark marks on him! Summer will be India again caring for my m-i-l . Hope to do a sketch a day once again in my India sketches art journal ;) have a wonderful summer with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the playfulness in this and that you push yourself outside your comfort zone. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your painting of the Golden...great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Golden Retriever, Crystal!!! Enjoy those handsome boys..they do grow up too fast..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing all the magic you create-sounds like a perfect summer. Thanks for your sweet note!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails