Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Vitality - Not for sale

'Vitality' 
5 x 7 inches oil on panel
not available 
Earlier this year I met an amazingly talented artist on deviantART, Amanda Drage. We became online friends, following the art each other made, and one day she mentioned doing a piece of art as a trade for another artist. I quickly commented "I wanna trade too!!" (because I'm subtle and tactful like that). So we decided to do it. We each painted a 5 x 7 oil of a horse (a subject we both love) for each other and here's mine for Amanda. :) You can see the one she painted for me here. Isn't it lovely? I can hardly wait to get it.

In other news, I was very pleasantly surprised to be featured on FASO Featured Artists blog series. :D You can check out what they have to say about me right here.

See you tomorrow everyone!

Eat some chocolate for me okay? ;)

Reference photo by Vikarus on deviantART. 

8 comments:

  1. this is spectacular Crystal...! I love it! and I looked at the painting you're getting!!! Wonderful trade!! Beautiful pink on the horse and with the dark background it pops! At first, I thought it was watercolor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, the painting really is so vital and vibrant!!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE your horse Crystal - those beautiful colours in that coat are stunning! And I love Amanda's horse too - what a wonderful idea to trade paintings! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal,
    You are painting like an angel with oils. I am just going ga ga over your work. And I like Amanda's painting too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Crystal:) Wow, both are very nice! Lucky you and lucky her:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both horses are wonderful, what a great idea to swop art. I already read the article written about you,it was brilliant and I second every word, you deserve a write-up. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful motion in this one, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails