Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Of Wizards, Life, and Love

'Wizard in Training'
10" x 14" watercolor on paper
not for sale
 
I hope you all are having a fun holiday! It's one of my favorite days of the year, and not just because of all the sugar and treats. ;) Those of you who have been hit by the storm have been in my prayers, I hope you are well, safe, and whole.
 
And in honor of this holiday full of magic, and witches, and wizards (including my very own darling wizard above), I feel the need to pay tribute to Harry Potter. (Yes, again.)
 
“Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape.” 
 
:D
 
Me too Alan, me too. :)
 
Me and the boys just finished reading the entire series and it was so fun to share that with them. And a little sad for it to be over. Reading this amazing series, my most favorite books ever, has convinced me that some of the best magic in this world is found with words, images, paper, and imagination. And that people, no matter how flawed, are good, and brave, and kind.
 
If you're a Harry Potter fan, through and through, then you must watch this video if you haven't seen it before. I got chills, and yes even shed a tear. There is good in this world. So much good, even amid trials and sorrows. Harry showed me that. :)
 
 
 
Have a Happy Halloween everyone! Hold your loved ones close and be thankful that you have them for one more day. :)

15 comments:

  1. What a great post, Crystal!! This painting of yours is one of my absolute favorites. It glows and exudes Halloween spirit!!! Hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, your young wizard-in-training is the greatest! So intense in color without being dark and broody.
    I hope you and the boys have a great time trick-or-treating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween to you too. I think you captured a lot of feeling in this with your cool and warm colors. Lovely light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a glowing and magnificent painting Crystal! Hope you and your boys have a wonderful Halloween night. Keep safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Halloween painting...I hope the boys had lots of fun this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great painting, I love the feeling and the light... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous painting, Crystal - and Alan Rickman, what a great actor. He brings every part he plays to life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this beautiful painting and the moving video... You are the touch stone in my world for all things kind, generous, beautiful and optimistic, crystal. Wish you and your family a splendid Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you know that the essence of you, your heart and spirit shines through all your paintings, I see it so clearly in this wondrous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Crystal:) How cute those little legs and the title is lovely! Beautiful painting, again:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous painting and a great post Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful painting! Hope you had a great Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Harry Potter is my all time favorite series too. We have all of the films. The first two are my favorite :0)
    I wish I was at Hogwarts! Can you imagine the fun??? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. See - now this is the problem with following through FB and not going back to your blog posts. I totally missed this HP tribute! We began (re)reading HP after Fablehaven and it has ben so long since I read them - a new world again! Such an enormous treasure Rowling has given us. And I love the Snape and Rickman quote. Gives me a shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic painting, Crystal!! Beautiful light and color..love this! We didn't have Halloween this year because of the storm...not happy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails