Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WIP Wednesday


work in progress 15 x 20 watercolor (detail)

     This is one of the first spiritual pieces of art that I've ever done. Some of my favorite artists paint Christian scenes and I've always wanted to do that. I never have because I always felt like I needed to hone my skills a little more. I wanted it to be the best that I could make it. So I guess you could say I was a little intimidated.

     This painting has been a really cool experience for me. I won't tell you the story behind it yet because it's not finished and this is just a small piece of it, and it would be spoilery if I told you right now. But maybe you have an idea of what it's about anyway, if you do I'd love to hear it. :) 

     I still need to deepen the color and adjust the values. I'm enjoying painting this, but it is taking me forever because I'm being very careful not to mess it up! Hopefully I won't. :) Until tomorrow friends!

14 comments:

  1. It is wonderful, Crystal. I understand too well about the messing up. I think I just painted some autumn leaves too big for the picture and now will have to start over. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing scene you are on right now.. I wish it comes out as the best ever by you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be breathtaking, it already is and i cannot wait to hear the story behind it. as usual a visit to your blog has been so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the finished project, it looks like its going to be amazing. I can see why at first you might be a bit intimidated, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carol! Bummer about your leaves, but you have such a great attitude about it! It'll be great. :)

    Thanks very much Prabal. :)

    Thanks Suzanne, so glad you stopped by! :)

    Aww, thanks Rachel! I'm hoping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking fabulous, and I can't wait to hear the story. I'm sure your mistakes are better than most peoples perfection. You are a genius with watercolor:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely so far, looking forward to the finish. I messed my latest painting up, too dark and thick in areas. Yours are always so transparent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This one seems to be coming out great, just like all others. I have no idea of the story behind it, and would not mind to wait till the painting is completed. Surely it would be wonderful, as you want it to be.
    Best wishes,

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Staying tuned for this WIP, Crystal. I'm excited to see the finish. My first thought was "Blessed are the pure of heart . . .", so I'm eager to hear the story behind the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Christening! And baby is in a Christening gown asleep on the priests shoulder. Am I right? I love how you have captured the silkiness of the baby's gown.
    It's a beautiful and delicate painting - I think with this one, less is definitely more :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is already stunning...It could almost be finished right there, but I still can't wait to see it finished. Your paintings of children are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Es como si lo hubiera pintado un angel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails